Monday, June 08, 2009

Muffin Top(ple) Monday

Well it's been one week since starting my self issued 30 day challenge.

To recap - Matthew and I challenged ourselves to 30 days of No soda, no fast food and no sweets. We also set up a schedule that has us working out 6 days a week.

I am happy to report that I since last Monday I have lost 5.6 pounds. I've also lost an inch off my waist and half an inch off of my hips.

I won't lie and say it's easy. I mean it sort of has been, but there are definitely times when I'd gladly rip off my right arm for a piece of chocolate, or a bowl of ice cream. Thankfully Matthew is there every step of the way supporting me and reminding me that this whole 30 day challenge thing was my idea and come hell or high water we're going to stick to it.

Sometimes ripping off his arm seems like a better idea. Just kidding. Sort of.

Honestly though, it has been really awesome to have someone there supporting me so much. He believes in me even when I don't believe in myself and always lets me know that I CAN do this. The best thing is that even though I really do need to drop some of this weight, he never fails to remind me that he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful just as I am.

I've decided to up the activity level a bit this week and I'm going to start taking the stairs at work. My office is on the second floor and normally I take the elevator up and the stairs down. Although recently I heard that going down stairs is actually not so great on the knees and hip joints, so I'm going to reverse that. I took the stairs this morning and was amazed at the immediate burn I felt in my thighs. I doubt taking stairs up one flight is going to have any dramatic effect on burning calories but every little extra bit helps.

Check back in next Monday for my next 30 Day Challenge update!

0 People who coughed on a furball: