Monday, June 22, 2009

Muffin Top(ple) Monday

Operation Muffin Top(ple) has come to an end.. and while I didn't win the prize, I still feel like I've come out of this a winner. I've learned so much about my health, my body, food, exercise and what it takes for me to get where I need to be weight/health wise. Most importantly, I've learned that I CAN do it.

And I can do it without killing myself at the gym or starving half to death.

I won't tell you what my beginning weight was, maybe once I've reached my final goal I'll reveal that number but until then I will say that since Matthew and I started our
30 Day Challenge on June 1st, I have lost 12lbs. We've slacked off the last week so I haven't been losing like I was but I've not gained any either, so I know that what we're doing works.

To find out who won you can head on over to
Catherinette's blog and congratulate the girls on a job well done.

They've decided to go another round, as there are girls who didn't quite meet their goal, and most everyone has signed up for round two, but I think I'm going to go it alone from now on - well just me and Matthew. The girls are great and it was awesome to read the witty and sometimes snarky comments back and forth as they pushed and prodded each other to put down that twinkie and get to the gym. But not winning kind of put a dent in my cap so to speak. I know it wasn't about the prize, but knowing I have 2 medical conditions that make me have to work twice as hard as everyone else to lose just one pound, and having lost 12lbs in spite of that then not even making 2nd or 3rd place.. well it deflated the joy I had from working so hard and sucessfully losing weight.

However, if you want to sign up for the 2nd go around head over here

With Matthew as my main support I don't expect anything from him, so when I don't 'win', I won't feel like all my hard work has been for nada. It will be just about losing the weight and getting healthy, which for me personally is just a better plan.

I have decided though to continue the Muffin Top(ple) Monday posts to keep you updated on my journey to health and fitness.

In other news - Biggest Loser is holding an open casting call here in Mobile on July 11th and I think I'm going to try out. I've talked to Matthew about it quite a bit to see what he thinks, and yes I know I'd be doing it for ME, but if I did get picked I'd be away for 4 months filming and that would effect HIM as well. Four months without being able to see and quite possibly talk to each other. Four months of him taking over making sure our rent and utilities get paid, which is something I've always done, as they're all in my name. Four months of him going grocery shopping and fending for himself in the kitchen rather than having a home cooked meal, which will more than likely result in a nightly cuisine of corn dogs and spaghetti-o's.

The general consensus is - we would miss each other madly, but this would be one hella fantastic opportunity for me and I should go for it. It would also give me the platform I've been looking for to talk about PCOS and Hypothyroidism - and how hard losing weight can be for women who have not just one, but both of those conditions. There are just not enough resources or information out there for women with PCOS, and nearly none on how to manage weight loss with PCOS and Hypothyroidism combined.

My doctor basically told me 'You just have a big body type' and will always be large. Huh? Seriously?!

Well needless to say I wasn't happy with that answer and the last few weeks have shown me that there are things that work, and it doesn't have to be a huge struggle to get off the weight these conditions put on.

As the date for the casting comes closer I'll blog more about it and will definitely keep you updated on the casting process itself. Wish me luck!!

3 People who coughed on a furball:

Amy said...

12 pounds since June 1 - that is awesome really! Don't lose motivation. Keep going and go for The Biggest Loser. Do it for you! It is ok to put you first. Everything else will work out.

Nydia said...

I had such a hard time just losing the 7lbs I lost -- I can't imagine going for 12 w/o passing out AND you did it while having two medical conditions that super suck and made it that much harder ... So Congrats!

I SO hope you get chosen for The Biggest Loser ... it would be wonderful for you!

EllaJayeBee is now Elle Dubya said...

matthew is a grown man, i'm pretty sure he'll be ok on his own. i think you should go for it! i wonder if they'd let you twitter and blog from the campus? i will TOTALLY cheer you on!