Support & Appreciation


Look Who Stopped By

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Passing the Blue Ribbon...

Too often we take for granted the people who pass through our lives, not realizing or appreciating the effect they have had on us, however large or small.


If you are reading my blog for the first time, or the fiftieth, whether you've ever left a comment or not, each and every one of you have made an impact on my life and for that I'd like you to know that who you are makes a difference and honor you with this blue ribbon.




My friend Brooke from Michigan passed this on to me, so Brooke.. Thank You! Thank you for reminding me that I am someone special and allowing me the honor of letting others know that as well.


To you who read this...You make a difference! Please place this "Who I Am Makes A Difference" Blue Ribbon in a place where you will always be reminded that you are a very special person, then pass it on to someone who's made a difference in your life!


Thank you for making a difference,
Mollie

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Please watch the video below to learn how Difference Makers International came to be.

This is a true story! You can learn more about what they do and how you can pass the love on to others on their website








In a minute or less…you can change the world!


The Who I Am Makes A Difference®
8-Step Blue Ribbon System™

Step 1 - Focus on the good:
Find someone to acknowledge. Sit or stand in front of the person you want to honor. Show them the Blue Ribbon, words facing them, make eye contact (if it is appropriate to that culture), smile, speak their name, and…

Step 2 - Express your appreciation:
Tell them how they make a difference! Examples: I admire your for going for your dreams…You always have a good word to say about people…You take time to help me with my work.


Step 3 - Respect their choice to receive your gift:
Ask if they would accept your gift…when they say YES, then ask for permission to place the Blue Ribbon on them (if they can't wear it, ask them to put it in a place where they will be able to see it and always be reminded that who they are makes a difference.


Step 4 - Give them this lasting symbol for positive change:
Place the Blue Ribbon above their heart…pointed slightly upwards and say, "I'm placing this ribbon above your heart toward all your best dreams coming true!" Say, "YOU ROCK! I BELIEVE IN YOU! GO FOR YOUR DREAMS!"


Step 5 - Lighten them up and cheer them on:
Point to the globe on the ribbon and tell them…"Inside of this globe are cheerleaders, cheering you on for your dreams. I am one of them. To get the whole community jumping for your dreams, I'm going to put a "Spark" by placing my finger on the cheerleaders and saying BING! (You both ought to get a laugh out of doing this, which helps people to lighten up and know that positive change can be fun).


Step 6 - Connect heart-to-heart:
Hug, shake hands, smile or do whatever comes naturally to you and the other person.


Step 7 - Give them a chance to be a Spark for others:
Present two extra Blue Ribbons and two copies of the Who I Am Makes A Difference® Story so that others will have the opportunity to become Difference Maker "Sparks" and make a positive difference in the world.


Step 8 - Always acknowledge the best in yourself and others:
In the spirit of the Blue Ribbon…always display your ribbon on your computer, wall, mirror, visor or wherever you can see it to remind you to think good thoughts about yourself and others as often as your can.

0 People who coughed on a furball: