Friday, September 05, 2008

Getting Me an Edjumukashun

My name is Mollie and I am a college graduate.

Ok so I will be, in about 3 and a half years.

It's taken ten (10) years but I'm finally going back to school to finish up my degree. I really should probably say start my degree rather than finish it. I mean I did go to college before, but I only took 4 classes and had no idea what I wanted to major in at the time.

I'm still not 100% sure that I know what I want to be when I grow up, but whatever it is, I'll be doing it with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.

Where am I going? Virginia College. Online.

I applied at the University of Mobile a few months ago and was accepted but then I started a part time job, on top of my full time job and realized that there was just really no way that I could work two jobs and go to school full time if I had to physically walk onto a campus and sit in a classroom for 2-4 hours each class.

Taking online courses is much more flexible and yes you receive an actual valid accredited degree. No cracker jack diploma for me.

I'd tell you all about how it worked but I haven't actually started classes yet. I am registered though and should be receiving my books in a couple of weeks. Classes start October 6th.

From what I can gather though, you sign on to each class a minimum of twice a week. You check in, get your assignment, check the forum and discussion boards and you're done. With the class part anyway. Then you have to do the actual assignment (yay homework!) and e-mail it to your professor.

For my first semester I'm taking Learning Framework (have no idea what it is, but it's a required 1st semester course), Intro to Business and Intro to Spanish I.

I'm also re-acquiring a new butt load of student loan debt, after taking only about 8 years to pay off the student loan from my previous college classes. My first go around with school I didn't look into or apply for any scholarships though, but I've learned my lesson about that and am going to be an essay writing fool for the next few weeks applying for any and every scholarship I can qualify for.

I'll be updating as classes progress, probably complaining about homework, and the general uselessness of some of the stuff I'll be learning. Sounds like high school

t I'm really excited. I've been wanting to go back to school for several years now and am super stoked that I'm finally able to.

Wish me luck!!

0 People who coughed on a furball: