Friday, September 05, 2008

She's got the look..

Lately I've been blogging here and there about the ins and outs of online dating.
Ok I've blogged about not having the first clue how to date and I've had other people post about how it's actually done, but today I'm going to talk about what it takes to meet and attract a date in person.

I know right, I'm just the person to talk about this, what with all the maddening success I've had. Anyway.

According to
Extreme Style by VO5, hair is a big part of catching someone's attention. Not just any hair though, oh no, to snag the man of your dreams you need Victory Hair.

Definition of 'Victory Hair' courtesy of VO5: "The messy state of an attractive person's hair after he/she has engaged in 'freaky activities'.

Sounds to me that Victory Hair comes AFTER some successfully flirting with the man of your dreams. Oh! And you need to know how to flirt. Damn, I knew I was doomed! Ha, moving on.

It might not look like it now, thank you imcompetant boob of a hair stylist, but good hair is something I know a thing or two about. I've always had great hair. And great hair seems to go a long way in helping with "the look". Who comes up with this stuff?

What is "the look" you ask?

You know, when you see someone you think is hot, and you want to get their attention to let them know that you think they're hot, you give them "the look".

I had to do a bit of digging but I finally found a pic where I think I might be giving "the look". It's from a photo shoot I did back in 2004, so try to look past the faux fur and candy cane.


Yes the candy cane was real and it was very very sticky. Moving on.

So that's my version of "the look". It basically says "Hey, I was noticing you, and I noticed that you noticed me noticing you, so I'm going to give you a look that says I want you to notice me back". Got it? Good.

I never claimed to be any good at flirting but I feel fairly confident that I could manage to pull off the look if I tried hard enough. Now if I could just run into a guy that would notice that I wanted him to notice me noticing him.

VO5 has this hilarious little online game you can play called 'The Ultimate Flirting Championship'. While you're waiting to play the game check out the Flirting Tips. Here's a few I thought were cute.

#29 - Be yourself. Just don't do that weird thing that you do (you know what we're talking about)

#87 - If you can't dance take your date to a monster truck show

#42 - Be creative with your responses. When in doubt pretend you speak something exotic. Like Icelandic


Gah! Where have these tips been all my life?! If I'd only known.. I'd have never been single so long!

You can check out the game here VO5 Ultimate Flirting Championship.


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com





Post?slot_id=


0 People who coughed on a furball: