Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The 'Crazy Cat Lady' has gone to the dogs..

Does that mean I have a split personality?

Hi my name is Sybil. - No I'm Sybil! - No you can't be Sybil because I'm..

Ok enough of that.


The real news is..


I got a puppy!!!!!!!!!

She is a 12wk old Pit bull. I named her Bella because she is just B-E-A-U-tiful.

She's also a handful, but I'm loving it. And because I'm such a wonderful pet mommy I get up early and walk her every morning, so I'm getting more exercise than I have in months.

You want to see her don't you? I'd want to see her too, she really is just adorable. I mean she has these super bright green eyes and big ole floppy ears and.. oh heck why don't I just show you.





I mean seriously, have you ever seen anything more adorable?

I'd really been wanting a puppy for some time now, but wasn't keen on the whole potty training thing. I have all hardwood floors. That's a lot of possible puddles to step in ya know?

I've been browsing craigslist for the past few weeks and last Wednesday morning I checked the pet section and there she was! I emailed the lady and we arranged for me to go 'meet' Bella, who was Scarlett at the time, and see how I liked her.



It was love at first sight. She's so sweet, and loving and I just want to eat her up. So I loaded her and her gate, food bowl and toys in the car and home we went! She got a little excited in the car on the way home and piddled on her bed that was lying on the floor board, but thankfully it was pretty thick (the bed, not the pee) and didn't soak through to the carpet. Then when I got her home she had one more accident right when we got in the door but since then she's been fabulous about the pottying.

Oh did I mention she was already house trained? YAY! I bought some puppy pads and leave one in her pen during the day while I'm at work just in case but so far so good!




She's very smart and has already learned to sit on command. Before I put her leash on her to go for our walk or to go potty I tell her to sit and she does so well. We're working on stay now, but I think that will take a bit more time, she's very excited about the world around her and just can't wait to check things out.

I told myself I was going to be really strict about certain things, like bedtime and I had every intention of following through with that but.. I'm thinking Miss Bella may already have me wrapped around her little puppy paw.

She has a super thick duvet cover that's in the corner of my room for her bed. I even bought her a pillow because the first time she went in my room she jumped right up on my bed and laid her head on mine.

And at bedtime she did really good and went and laid on her bed and went to sleep. But she's one smart little girl. Around 2am I woke up and she's curled up behind me with her head on the pillow right next to mine. I put her back on the floor and sent her to her bed, but that didn't last long. As soon as I nodded off she's right back in the bed with me.

I know I could put her bed in the living room to try and discourage her, but I sleep with my door open so she'd just come back in there anyway. Besides, it's not like I have a hot man to share my bed with so I don't mind the company. And she's so sweet, she likes to cuddle and lay her head on my shoulder and it just makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Not to self - pets are nice but they are not to be used as a substitute for real male companionship. That is how the 'Crazy Cat Lady' came to be.

Speaking of male companionship, I've begun talking to a couple of fellas this week. Just chatting, nothing too progressive as of yet, but I'll keep you posted!

Blanco cat isn't too thrilled with the new housemate. He's taken up residence on top of the kitchen cabinets since Bella moved in, but I think with time they'll be come fast friends. Here he is making a fast run for his treat bowl after I put Bella in her pen.

They will get nose to nose and check each other out, then Bella wants to play and starts jumping around and Blanco high tales it to the cabinet top. It drives Bella crazy too, because she wants to play soooo bad and she can't jump up on the cabinet like the cat can so she'll sit in front of the cabinet and whine until she gets distracted by something else, then it's like kitty who?

It's almost 5 and I have some actual work to do before time to go so I'll wrap this up and leave you with some more pictures of my pretty girl. If you have a myspace you can check mine out, I have a whole folder of pictures of her!



Mom's bed is so comfy

What do you mean I have to get down?!

Going for our morning walk.

Oops.. no more stuffed animals for Bella!

1 People who coughed on a furball:

Roberta said...

Welcome Bella! No problem, even cat ladies can like/love dogs. Same here, we've got both cats and dogs.