Support & Appreciation


Look Who Stopped By

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow..

Only I'm not finding anything sweet about it

It's been a while since I've blogged about the goings between PT and myself. There is a very good reason for that, and it's not because nothing has been going on, it has. Sort of.

No, the reason I haven't written about him lately is because he's moving.

To Okinawa Japan. On freaking Thanksgiving day. And



Way to ruin a holiday.

In a few weeks I will go from having been able to talk to him pretty much every day, either via text or on the phone to what I dread will ultimately result in the occasional e-mail.

I've been trying to put off talking about this for as long as I can to delay the inevitable sob fest that will most definitely occur upon his departure.

I'm not going to do the whole catch up on what's been happening thing today, but it's been a while since I've mentioned him so I did want to give a basic update.

In a nutshell -


Girl is single for wayyyyyyyyy too long
Guy asks girl out
Girl says yes
Guy gives girl the absolute best first date ever
Girl falls in total crush with guy
Guy tells girl "You're cool & I'd really like to get to know you but I'm moving"
Girl and guy hang out anyway, make out, hang out, etc.
Guy moves - Across the WORLD!
Girl falls apart
Guy and girl email now and then


Of the last three, the first and second are a certainty, the very last one - we'll see. I'm trying to be positive and see this is an opportunity to really get to know each other without all that crazy physical chemistry that keeps getting in the way. And he's not moving forever, just a year or two while he finishes school, so truly God Himself only knows what may happen down the road, but I do know for sure I'm going to miss him like crazy.

Once the departure date has passed and I can manage to go an hour or two without blubbering like a completely besotted idiot, I'll go more into detail about everything that's happened and why he's moving to, of all places, Japan. Until then....

Dewa mata

後で会おう

2 People who coughed on a furball:

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Dang, that sucks!

Anonymous said...

AWWW that stinks!
finding Joy in life is not easy.....