Support & Appreciation


Look Who Stopped By

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

When I go....

Some uplifting and jovial conversation for today..(note slight sarcasm here) lol

In the office this morning my boss and co-worker were talking about what song they wanted to be played at their funeral. How this topic came up.. I have no idea.. they're guys.. who knows why they talk about what they talk about lol

Michael.. the 20 something tech support guy wants "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

"If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me, For I must be travelling on, now,cause theres too many places I've got to see.", "Cause I'm as free as a bird now.. and this bird you cannot change"


Chad.. my boss, who's 36, wants "Stuck in the Middle With You" by Bob Dylan

"Well I don’t know why I came here tonight. I’ve got the feeling that something ain’t right.I’m so scared in case I fall off my chair,and I’m wondering how I’ll get down the stairs. Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I am stuck in the middle with you"

(insert raised eyebrow)I wonder who he's planning on being buried between lol


Michael's song choice.. I can see.. Chad's?? Yea.. I guess I'm missing something there

So after some less than on-key renditions of their choices they asked me what song I wanted played at my funeral.

Well ya know.. I can't say that I've ever really actually thought about it. I mean that's just a bit depressing doncha think? I don't believe in "death" so to speak. I believe life is truly eternal, never ending, always transforming. I don't believe that we "die", rather that we change forms and move from one dimension of "Life" to another. So while death is not something I fear, it's not something I tend to comtemplate on a regular basis.

I asked my mom once.. where she wanted to be buried when she passed.. it was kind of awkward. But being the oldest it will probably be primarily my responsibility to take care of matters when the time comes. Plus my brother and sister are much closer to my mother than I, as cold as it may sound, so I imagine that I'll be the one who will be able to pull it together enough to get things done and if you've come to know me at all you'll know that I'm a bit of a freak about planning and organization. I figured it would be a good thing to know.

What I have thought about in regards to my death is that I don't want people to mourn my passing. No being sad. I want my family and friends to celebrate the life I've lived and rejoice that I've gone on to a better place. I want them to feel OK.. and know that at last.. I've finally come to a place where I will be totally, unconditionally loved, accepted and at peace. I hope to feel a semblance of those things at least once while I'm alive.. but I have no doubt that in the presence of my Father... the Joy, Love, and just all encompassing feeling of completeness will be indescribable.

So after thinking about it for a few minutes it came to me.. and I've decided that the song I want played at my funeral is "I can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me. Not once have I heard this song that it didn't fill me with awe. To think.. of what it will be like.. when I'm finally face to face with my Father... it's like.. I can FEEL His big strong arms wrap themselves around me.. holding me close....safe....loved..... home

It seems fitting to me.. and I'd like my family and friends.. to be able to know how I felt about passing on. I think this song is perfect to accomplish that.

Below is the video for the song.. below that is the lyrics




I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk By your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face Is before me
I can only imagine

[Chorus:]
Surrounded by Your glory,
what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus
or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence
or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah,
will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever Forever
worship You
I can only imagine

[Chorus]

I can only imagine [x2]

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you

1 People who coughed on a furball:

Mollie said...

Thank you so much!! I wish there was a better way to reply to people who leave comments.. but I suppose this will have to do =)I'm glad someone enjoys my ramblings lol

Mollie