Support & Appreciation


Look Who Stopped By

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sex, love and gay marriage.

Or, why I think people who voted yes on Prop 8 need to get a clue.

My brain is still fried, my heart is heavy and I just can't manage to dig a coherent sentence out of my brain. Well that was one, but two would be pushing it. So I'm going to share a post that I stumbled across this morning over on
My Life is a Beautiful Mess.

I dream of one day having a husband and family. That being said I am also attracted to women. I have, in the past, been in intimate situations with women. According to society, that makes me 'Bi'.

I'm not big on labels, abhor them actually, so unless some one asks I don't usually share my 'sexual preference' with people. I am also a born again, filled with the spirit CHRISTIAN. I've been saved since I was 13 and am active in my church. You may be thinking umm how can she be a Christian and be bi?!

Easy. I simply love. It wasn't easy at first, when I realized I was attracted to women I had a crisis of faith. I'd been taught my entire life that being 'gay' was an abomination and here I was - someone who loved God with all her heart feeling things that had been drilled into my head were not right to feel.

I spent a good year and a half praying, crying, reading, seeking God and begging Him to 'take away' the feelings of attraction I had for women. Long story short - He didn't. What He did do was lead me to 'study and show myself approved'. I read the Bible, I looked up references, I prayed some more and read some more and cried some more. I talked to God more that year than I probably ever have in my life and what He finally showed me was this; God IS LOVE.

He loves me as I am, He created me as I am and in His eyes, I am perfect.
Just As I Am.

People will always shun what they don't understand, what makes them uncomfortable, what is different, and that is completely understandable. But what isn't understandable or OK is making a group of people feel that they are 'less than' just because they live a different way.

As a Christian - a follower of Christ - my 'job' is to love everyone. I'm not saying I always succeed, I in fact fail often, but I do know that it is not my job to tell someone they are wrong in how they feel. It is my job to show them the love of Christ and if He has issue with something in their life, He'll take care of it.

Well that intro turned into a post in itself and I think I've depleted what little momentum I'd built up there so without further ado I give you..


10 reasons why gay marriage is wrong. (READ THE ENTIRE THING)

1. Being gay is not natural.
And real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning, tattoos, piercings and silicon breasts…

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay.
In the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract. Lamps are next.

4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all.
Hence why women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed.
And we can’t let the sanctity of Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage be destroyed.

6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children.
So therefore, gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our population isn’t out of control, our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children.
Since, of course, straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion.
In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.
Which is exactly why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms.
Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Feel free to re-post this if you believe love makes a marriage.

0 People who coughed on a furball: