Support & Appreciation


Look Who Stopped By

Monday, December 22, 2008

When it rains it pours...

I've been in a bit of a funk lately - yes I know, what again?

Things with PT are progressing in exactly the way I feared they would. We've chatted online some since he's been gone, but conversations have been somewhat short and random. We did have one meaningful conversation about some stuff that had happened before he left, but all other chats have been relatively inconsequential.

I'd like to blame the 15 hour time difference, his days are my nights and vice verse, but I imagine if you wanted to talk to someone badly enough you'd figure out how to work around it. So I fear I may be falling prey to the adage of 'out of sight, out of mind'. * sigh *

So anyway, instead of trying to come up with something new to write, I thought I'd share something old.

This is a poem I wrote in high school, somewhere around the age of 15 or 16 I believe.



Storms Revenge

As rain pours down drenching the earth
bringing life and yet giving birth
I watch the sky fade from light to dark
occasionally gifted with lightening's angry spark
I feel a kindred spirit with the drowning ground
smothered in tears by fate we are bound
to begin as one earth we are born of its ashes
we live from it's life we die on it's grasses
I long to live as an eagle, far away I'd fly
beautiful, splendid gliding, soaring high
To swoop down on unsuspecting prey
Feasting on weaker creatures, then all would rue the day
They tried to cross me and knock me down
I'd perch on my throne a Queen with a crown
of glorious white feathers and indescribable grace
I'd stand before them and show my true face
I'd laugh at their fear, scorn their regret
relinquishing hatred on all those I'd met
who's laughed while I cried
Lived happily while slowly I died... inside myself

0 People who coughed on a furball: