Support & Appreciation


Look Who Stopped By

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Saints go marching...

Last Saturday I participated in a 'Walk for Life' for the Women's Resource Centers in Saraland and Mobile. My pastor is on the Sav A Life advisory board and my church is an avid supporter of the centers.

Now before you get all 'Oh you're one of those anti-abortion people' let me tell you the same thing I told my mom, who walked with me but said the same thing in a rather negative tone as soon as we got there. "This is one of those anti-abortion places isn't it?"

I am pro-life. I firmly believe that God and God alone has the right to end life. The termination of life by anyone else is murder. I do feel that in special cases, such as rape, incest or where the pregnancy could result in death of the mother and/or child, termination is something that might possibly be the only humane alternative. I know all things come together for God's glory, but I just can't see what good can come from a 12yr old who was raped by her uncle being forced to give birth.

I also want to say that I have a problem with people who choose to see things as 'anti' rather than 'pro'. My mom argued with me about this as well but I firmly believe that mindset is so important in how we view things. It's the old adage of seeing a glass half empty instead of half full. Technically both glasses have the same amount of fluid in them, but whether you choose to see that in a positive or negative light is so important.

I choose to always try and see things positively. I don't always succeed, but I do always try. I simply choose life over death. And for me personally, yes the decision is that simple.

So back to the walk. This was the first walk for the Women's Resource Centers and the turnout was fantastic. The weather was great, the atmosphere was positive and loving and the testimonies given by women who'd been helped by the centers were moving and heartfelt. It was a 2 mile walk and we walked around Hank Aaron Stadium ending on home plate for a moment of prayer. Below are some photos of the walk, and below that are some details about the Women's Resource Centers and what they do.



Pastor Ed Litton welcoming everyone

A women who chose LIFE giving her testimony



Let the walk begin!


Heading to home plate for a moment of prayer


Mom and I at the end of the walk.

The Women's Resource Center has two locations:
Mobile Center
308 S. Sage Avenue
Mobile, AL 36606
251.473.4000

Saraland Center
1088 Industrial Pkwy, Ste 3
Saraland, AL 36571
251.675.0911

They offer the following services, free of charge:
  • Pregnancy testing
  • Confidential & compassionate options counseling
  • Sonograms
  • Information on Abortion & Alternatives
  • Adoption Counseling & Referrals
  • Maternity & Infant Clothes
  • Labor & Delivery Classes
  • Parenting Classes
  • Community Resource/ Medical Referrals
  • Post-Abortion Counseling



Choose Life!

Your mom did

0 People who coughed on a furball: