Support & Appreciation


Previous Musings

Look Who Stopped By

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Never let go

I went to a new church this morning. The praise & worship was good, the pastor was funny and I really enjoyed myself. I also balled my eyes out. Church seems to have that effect on me.

Something about being there, hearing the pastor say things that you've thought in the deepest part of your mind seems to loose an emotional tidal wave in me.

Today's post is going to be short and sweet. I've got a lot on my mind and don't really feel like typing, I know odd for me, but I did want to share the basics of today's Message.

"Fight for the Promise, wait for the Promise and don't give up too soon"

Basically what that is saying is that if God has ever promised you something, in a prayer, or a Word or a prophesy and you're still waiting for it. Keep waiting. Don't give up. There are a few really big things God promised me many years ago that I'm still waiting on and I've come more than close to giving up more than a few times.

One of the examples the pastor used to explain how important not giving up and just waiting on God is was the story of Joshua and the walls of Jericho. God told Joshua to march around the city for 7 days, then on the 7th day march around 7 times. What if Joshua had gotten to the 6th day and was like "Man this is just bogus, I've been walking around this dang wall for almost a week and nothing has happened. I give up. I'm going home."

What would have happened is he would have missed the victory. Too many times we want fast food promises and results from God. We've become such a drive through nation that we want everything quick and easy and sometimes the gifts and blessings God has for us just aren't drive through available.

Another thing the pastor said today was that when it comes to Promises from God sometimes you have to "Pray for it like it's up to God, but work for it like it's up to you", which I thought was pretty insightful. Too often we want to just say a little prayer asking God for whatever it is we want, then we just go about our business like normal, not changing anything in our lives fully expecting God to just drop our request in our lap because we asked.

If we wanted something that we knew the only way to get was to work for it, then you know good and well you'd be picking up extra shifts for extra money, or working out a little more to fit into that dress, or whatever you knew you needed to do to get what you wanted. Why should getting things we want from God be any different? I don't think it should be. Sometimes we have to toil and work to get to where WE need to be before God can give us what He has for us.

There are things in my life that I long for more than air.. God has promised me these things and I'm still waiting. Evidently I'm not where I need to be in order for Him to bring those promises to fruition. So I wait. Yes it sucks, it hurts, it's hard and sometimes it just breaks my heart in two but I stand on what He's promised me and I wait. Because the second that I let go of hope and belief in the things He's promised me is the second I let go of my will and reason for living.

Anyway, I've already passed the short part that I mentioned in the beginning but the message is still pretty sweet. At least I think so.

Oh and I'm also leaving you with another (less angry looking) picture of my new hair slaughter. I know it will take a few weeks to grow on me, heck to grow period, but it's hair and it will grow.


1 People who coughed on a furball:

Cynnie said...

Cute!..I LOVE dark hair, but never had the balls to try it ..
and speaking of balls.

you Bawled your eyes out..
Balling your eyes out is just wrong on so many levels .. :)