Support & Appreciation


Previous Musings

Look Who Stopped By

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just stuff some socks in my pants and call me Steve

The day started out beautifully. It was a gorgeous sunny day. I loaded my clothes basket in the car and headed to the laundry. I have a washer/dryer at my apartment complex but when it's nice out I like to go to the laundry so I can walk around in the shopping center while my clothes are washing & drying. I was just out and about enjoying a beautiful day. The enjoying ended about 5pm.

I was looking at some old pictures of me last night and saw one where I had this really cute shorter haircut. I've been letting my hair grow out after a
disastrous hair cut last year. It had finally gotten past my shoulders and was at a length where I felt it was safe to brave another attempt at getting it cut into some kind of a style so that it was still growing out but actually looked half decent.

I have decided that I am NEVER getting my hair cut again. I don't care if I have 12 inch long split ends. No one is coming near my head with a pair of scissors. EVER

Here is me before. This was taken last week.



Here is the photo I showed to the stylist. Granted it's a bit shorter but still long in the front and very cute. It's a cut that would do well growing out. Plus I could totally rock this look.



This is what I ended up with. Angry would be a mild term to describe how I'm feeling about this.
Don't let the smile fool you. It's fake. I also don't have on any make-up which I'm sure doesn't help.


I specifically told her, I want the front to be absolutely no shorter than chin length. I can't stand my hair in my face, I HAVE to be able to tuck it behind my ears. It's no where freaking near that long!!

Argh. Ok I'm getting angry.. my hair keeps falling in my eyes as I'm typing and I keep trying to shove it behind my ears only to have it fall back in my eyes because it's TOO F'ING SHORT!

I'm going to end this now and go to bed. Hopefully I'll wake up with the style I asked for and find that this "oh great I look like a DUDE!" hair cut was all bad dream.


Until then I'll just slap a barrette in it. Aren't I just cute now. Grr.




Good Night.

3 People who coughed on a furball:

Roberta said...

I like that sort of cut, even on the sides. It's short enough you can punk it on top if you want. I think it looks modern and cute.

Anonymous said...

I miss the long hair i really liked it :)

Mollie said...

Roberta: Sadly enough even though my hair is rediculously thick, it's so fine that there is no punking. No amount of product will get it to do anything other than what you see in the picture. Sigh.

Cec: I miss it too =(